Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India & Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
A National Portal for Ministry of Skill Development, GOI developed on behalf of IIT Madras for National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEAS 2019)
We were entrusted with the responsibility of developing an end-to-end portal for plan India Online Application for National Entrepreneurship Awards 2019 by GOI, Necessary framework was developed to accommodate several levels of evaluators and a Hybrid Evaluation algorithm which was fairly automated, Category management and result announcement per category and flexible reporting was also handled.
We crafted the coveted Entrepreneurship Awards web portal with contemporary design principles and advanced technology. The challenges were there, but we implemented a proper digital strategy to capture the attention of viewers and participants from almost every part of India including far-flung North-eastern topography.
We Developed an Open Source (PHP, MY-SQL, CodeIgniter) robust web application, hosted the same on National Informatics Centre (NIC), GOI Server after necessary Cyber Security Audit, ensured optimal load balancing, necessary training to different levels of stakeholders, collaborated with the authority and handled change management effectively.
We employed different kinds of digital campaigns to reach people. Our dedicated team of experts came up with a crisp yet effective digital strategy to reach a vast audience in a limited time frame. Since National Entrepreneurship Awards was an urban-centric event, it was a challenge to grab the response of people residing in the remotest parts of the country. We broke the barrier of geographical limitation and brought together a large number of participants at one platform.
1. Non-functional (better word please) website launched in just 15 Days.
2. Application Portal launched in 30 days.
3. Fully functional Portal with online evaluation, result tabulation matrix, selection business logic was up in just 2 months.
4. 8000 + applicants, participation from all corners of the country, huge participation from the northeast. Even people participated from Andaman-Nicobar and Lakshadweep.
5. Managed Three Categories, Nine Sectors, and Four Reservation criteria effectively across the portal. The Evaluation Rubric was formulated keeping those parameters.
6. Management of several Online and Field evaluators across different Categories and Sectors.
7. Implemented a very complicated Evaluation Matrix across different Categories and Sectors.
8. Multi-layered Admin Management with Super Admin, Lead institute, eleven partner institutes, online evaluators, field evaluators. Also, limited access was provided to 3rd party support agencies and 3rd party digital marketing agencies.
9. Multi-Layered MIS Report for the Lead institute (pan India access), eleven partner institutes (region level access).
10. Shortlisted result publication with application and all automated result tabulation for honourable jury members and publication of final result based on their collective evaluation.
After almost a year-long operation on the Portal, people from the remotest corner of the country could apply for the biggest Entrepreneurship Awards of India and evaluation has been done accurately by the portal in a fairly automated manner.